16 September 2008

This shouldn't be as funny as it is (Joker/Boner)

Being a fan of many things Batman, I recently picked up a copy of The Joker: The Greatest Stories Ever Told. As the title might lead you to believe, it's a trade paperback collection of Batman comix featuring The Joker.

One story in particular, "Joker's Comedy of Errors," features the gross overusage of the word 'boner,' in this case meaning 'error' or 'blunder.' However, in this day and age, the word 'boner' implies something a little more. . .well. You should know.

Anyways, here are some of the best lines of dialogue from this tale. Read them and try not to weep with laughter:

Gotham Bulletin headline: "Joker Pulls Boner of the Year!!"

"So! They laugh at my boner, will they?! I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!"

"This emphasis on boners has given me an idea for a new adventure in crime! Gotham City will rue the day it mentioned the word boner!"

Gotham Gazette headline: "Stung By His Boner, Joker Lashes Back!"

"Soon, Batman will make the boner of the year!"

"What does he mean, Bruce? How can he force you into a boner?"

"And I'm worried about the boner he's readying for you!"

"It is well that I am ready to trick him into his boner!"

"You were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself!"

No comments: